Interested in Working for Spartanburg EMS??
- Spartanburg EMS is currently seeking applicants for future positions. (Click to view and apply for open positions)
- Most units are staffed by crews working a 24/48 rotation, however 8 of our units are currently staffed with 12hr employees. New employees are typically hired in the 24/48 rotation.
- We offer competitive salaries for paramedics that start at approximately $41,216 per year. Field staff are hourly employees and the total amount earned annually may be affected by the amount of overtime that is worked by an individual. Hourly differentials are paid to paramedics with Associates or Bachelors Degrees. A full package of employee benefits and pay grades is available upon request.
- Overtime is paid on all time that is worked over 40 hours each week and employees are paid for departmental training.
- Spartanburg EMS also has a comprehensive career ladder in place for field staff to plan out their advancement through the ranks at Spartanburg EMS. The Senior Paramedic program is designed to give advancement opportunities for field paramedics and allows them to make top wages ranging from $41,216 to $64,896 per year without getting off the streets and into EMS management.
- We hire for both full time positions and PRN positions, depending on availability.
- SEMS offers a comprehensive continuing education program that has multiple training sessions per month to accomodate employee work schedules. Our continuing education program is used to meet all paramedic recertification requirements for both the state of SC and the National Registry of EMTs. This includes certification classess such as PALS, ACLS, BLS, and Trauma courses that are offered multiple times throughout the year.